So, I’m going to be honest–last weekend was my birthday, so I did not do as much as I normally (probably) should have done, but what can you do? Here’s a round-up of my week last week and the weekend.
- So, this is where I fell down the most, as I wasn’t able to get a lot of actual writing done. I’m actually off from my 2nd job tonight, so my goal (in addition to reading for school), is to catch up the writing that I didn’t get done over the weekend.
- Worked on the character sketch for the protagonist of “Project Dog,” (about half way through).
- I had a dream last night that might turn into a story at some point (probably a villain/antagonist as that was really what the dream focused on). Of course I didn’t write it down–though, so I’m saying this and by tomorrow, I will have probably forgotten what was so cool about it.
- This is where I actually spent most of my time this weekend (Big surprise, right?) I did way too much in terms of gaming this weekend.
- Valkyria Chronicles 4: I bought a copy of this game as I’ve wanted it every since it was released in last year. It is a sequel (of sorts) to one of my favorite games on the Playstation 3, Valkyrie Chronicles. It is a tactical rpg in a re-imagined world of World War II. The game is almost an “Alternate History” that uses many points of history of the war to inform the narrative of the story, but many things are changed and given a bit of a “sci-fi” bent (although not too much that it becomes a pure sci-fi narrative).
- Apex Legends: After earning two second places (or 2nd place twice), I decided my best move was to delete the game from my hard-drive! :0 I know this might seem like a drastic choice, but after starting it at 7:00 pm and looking up and seeing it was 9:17 pm on Sunday night when I’d just intended to play a couple matches to improve my ranking–(if you want to know what happened to my writing this weekend–blame Apex Legends). This game, while a blast, is no good for my PhD aspirations (or my writing goals either.)
- Finished Babylon 5 this weekend. There’s a write-up coming soon (I’ve actually got a partial draft written) for the blog, but I finally finished the last episode over the weekend and will share my impressions of it soon.
- Watched a YouTube video that I’d like to turn into a blog post. I’ll have to find it again (I forgot to “Like” it), but still I thought that it would be awesome to use as blog post. Hopefully, I can find it easily and add it to easily to the blog.
Well, that’s all I have at this moment. Will be back with regular blog posts tomorrow.
- Purchase Dragonhawk on Amazon.com (Paperback) or Kindle
- Purchase WarLight on Amazon.com (Paperback) or Kindle
- Purchase Ship of Shadows on Amazon.com (Paperback) or Kindle
- Purchase Faerie Knight on Amazon.com (Paperback) or Kindle
- Current Work-in-Progress–February 2019: Project Dog (Sci-Fi Short-Story – 1st Draft)
- Current Work-in-Progress: Ship of Shadows (Sci-Fi Graphic Novel – Script, Issue # 2, Currently on Script Page 32)