- Project Paradise Word Count: 357
- Project Skye Word Count: 1617
- Project Independence Word Count: 2357 (+634 words)
- Project Ship of Shadows Graphic Novel Page Count: 12
I’m back to writing again–I’m working primarily on Project Independence now that I have a complete idea of the story in my head. I shattered my 250 word writing goal for today, but in doing so, didn’t have a whole lot of time left to craft this blog entry before my Writing Center shift begins.
So, I’m Back to Writing
This one is a shorter blog as I have to be in the Writing Center in about 45 minutes. Basically, I just wanted to let everyone know that I’m back to writing, specifically Project Independence. While yesterday’s blog was a way to help me discover what time is optimal for me as a writer, today’s blog is to emphasize that sometimes you have to write at sub-optimal times. Yesterday, I tried to write in the afternoon, but I ran out of time because I was reading outside and I didn’t have access to a wifi-enabled computer. I would have had to go back inside into the air-conditioning which I had been in all morning and lunchtime, so I just enjoyed the sunlight outside reading. Today, I just got up early and wrote before my shift in the Writing Center begins.
Writing Future Slang
So, one of the things that I’m really interested in is communication between the various characters. While I want to tell a very cool and interesting story, I also want to emphasize how communication can help (or hinder) the characters in the story. Today, for instance, I tried my hand at creating slang for a different planet. I’m not sure how effective it is at this stage of the draft, but I really like the challenge of taking today’s slang and trying to extrapolate how it might work in the future.
Sorry this blog is so short–consider this a maxi-update for Project Independence. Hopefully, I’ll be able to craft a longer blog entry tomorrow. Right now, I’m just excited that I’m actually back to writing the story.
Have a great day!
- Read Faerie Knight in the anthology Fae, Rhonda Parrish, Ed. or the Kindle Edition
- Read Ship of Shadows in the anthology Visions IV: Space Between Stars, Carrol Fix, Ed. or the Kindle Edition.
- Read WarLight in the anthology Visions VI: Galaxies, Carrol Fix, Ed. or the Kindle Edition.
- Read Dragonhawk in the magazine Tales of the Talisman, Vol. 8, Iss. 3, David Lee Summers, Ed. or the Kindle Edition.
Amazon Associate Disclaimer:
I earn a small commission on the purchase of these items.